Joel Bacher has been a resident of Wayne, NJ almost forty years and is certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Civil Trial Attorney. He is admitted to practice law in the States of New Jersey and New York. A solo practitioner, Mr. Bacher specializes in the litigation of plaintiff personal injury, employment discrimination cases, malpractice, and as a criminal defense lawyer in criminal cases including those of white collar crimes, drug crimes, sex crimes, and violent crimes in both State and Federal Courts in New Jersey and New York.
Joel Bacher is a graduate of University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio where he earned his Bachelor of Arts in 1971. In 1974 he earned his law degree from the New York Law School in Manhattan.
- Admitted to practice law in New Jersey, 1975 and in New York, 1976
- Admitted to practice in the following Federal Courts: Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, 1975. District of New Jersey, 1975. United States Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit, 1982. United States Supreme Court, 1986
- Certified by the Supreme Court of the State of New Jersey as a Certified Civil Trial Attorney in 1983, recertified in 1991, 1998 and 2006
- Served as a Court appointed Arbitrator in Essex and Hudson Counties.
- Served for two years as the Public Defender and one year as the Planning Board Attorney for the Borough of Bloomingdale, NJ.
- Served as of Counsel to Donald Ayers, Esq., Counsel to A.M. Best Company, in defense of New Jersey litigation matters.
- Served on the Passaic County Committee for Municipal Courts under Judge James J. Murner, representing the interests of Municipal Court Public Defenders.
Member of the following Associations:
- Passaic County Bar Association
- Inns of Court
- NJAJ, New Jersey Association for Justice
- ACLU, American Civil Liberties Union
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- AAJ, American Association of Justice
- Pro Bono volunteer for the Northeast NJ Legal Services and Volunteer Lawyer for Justice in the TLC program representing the victims of 9-11.
- Recipient of Public Justice Achievement Award In 2004.
- Judge, National Labor & Employment Law Moot Court Competition in 2007 & 2008.
- New Jersey Super Lawyers. Voted by peers to be among the top 5% of the lawyers State of New Jersey from 2007 to 2014.